After a bit of discussion with the regulars, Stego has decided to move the FurryNOM events. It will now be held on the first and third Fridays of the month. This is in response to many who responded worrying about the old time being on a Weeknight, whereas many wont have to worry so much with it being on a Weekend.
The location will remain the same for the time being, given the multitude of restaurants in the area (a Panera Bread has opened up across the street, and a Greek restaurant will be opening soon in place of the Mexican place which closed a few months back), and the fact that the outdoor seating area makes for ample room for fursuiters to join in.
With this change, the next FurryNOM will be held on March 7th, 2014 from 6pm to 9pm. Stego and Kat will be giving this new timeslot a try for the next couple of months, to see if it fits better within people’s work and school schedules. So, if you are in the Inland Empire (Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, San Bernardino), come out and NOM!
Since 2003, Tamerlaine has been alone as the sole mascot for Socalfurs. Let’s get her a companion, a guy to join her on adventures! The goal of this contest is to design a male mascot for Socalfurs – the entirety of the design is up to you, but the art resulting must be PG-13 or lower (We’ll be posting this in public.), and preferences will be given to animals native to and/or existing in Southern California.
Entries must be in by April 30th, with 3 Finalists chosen by May 15th. Finalists will be displayed in the Califur Art Show (Assuming there’s still space as I send off an email to buy it), with the final judging and announcement during Califur.
1) Art much be no more than PG rated. No nudity, visible genitalia, blood, gore.
2) Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59PM on April 30th, 2014. Entries after that time will be rejected.
3) Finalists will be selected and announced by May 15th, and winner announced at event at Califur
4) By entering a submission, you are granting Socalfurs license to post the image (with credit and a link back) to various social media websites (such as but not limited to Furaffnity, Weasyl, as well as Socalfurs.com, and if it is a finalist image, to be posted in the Califur Art Show during Califur (Pending discussions with the Califur Art Show)
5) Finalists and the Winner will be chosen by a panel of judges selected by Socalfurs staffers
6) Finalists will each win a prize (To be announced).
Questions Asked and Answered!
Q: Can I submit more than one design?
A: No. One design per person or collaborative effort.
Q: Can I work with someone on my entry?
A: Yes, although how the potential prizes get split are up to you guys. No doubling of prizes
Q: Can I submit multiple images of the same design?
A: Yes, that would be encouraged!
It is time for another Mascot Art Contest! This is for our mascot, Tamerlaine, ( Reference at https://www.furaffinity.net/view/10954790/ , http://www.furaffinity.net/view/11990928/ , http://www.furaffinity.net/view/11990999/ ) enjoying winter in Southern California! We’re looking for /your/ take on her, doing anything! Christmas, New Years, enjoying the snow, or doing the Californian thing and still wearing shorts and a tank top! And those are JUST suggestions!
And this time, the prize is a bit more substantial – two tickets to Califur will go to the winner! These are already paid for! Already paid for Califur? Give ‘em as a gift to someone else!
Rules for this contest are simple:
1) Art must feature Tamerlaine, the Socalfurs mascot.
2) Art much be no more than PG rated. No nudity, visible genitalia, blood, gore.
3) Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59PM on January 31st, 2014. Entries after that time will be rejected.
4) By entering a submission, you are granting Socalfurs license to post the image (with credit and a link back) to various social media websites (such as but not limited to Furaffnity, Weasyl) as well as Socalfurs.com.
5) Results will be judges by Socalfurs staff and affiliates.
6) The winner and prize will be awarded on February 3rd, 2013
If you have any questions, ask away!
(This is crossposted to Socalfurs.com, Furaffinity, Weasyl, the Yahoo Group, and the various Facebook groups. Please note that the Furaffinity account is checked most often.)
Stay tuned for another Socalfurs Art Contest! This will be a heftier prize than the last one! Contest will be looking for more art of Tamerlane, our mascot, celebrating winter in a true Southern Californian fashion. Stay tuned for more info!