- Saturday, December 9th: Holiday Furmeet (Orange County)
Gather in the park for a holiday gathering in the park. Share fun, food and maybe a game of frisbee. This event is pretty close to where Group Area 3 (home of the FurBQ!) is, so just make sure to keep going along the road.
- December 9th & 16th: Fursuit Photoshoot (Santa Barbara County)
Out with pumpkin patches… in with the Christmas Tree farm. Blue Hasia has found a great spot for some holiday photo hijinks.
- Saturday, December 9th: Prancing Skiltaire (Orange County)
Holiday fun at the original furry party house. The house is packed with furry but there is always room for more during the holidays. The annual gift exchange will begin around 9pm.
- Sunday, December 10th: Ontario Fur Christmas Meet (San Bernardino County)
This is a holiday potluck so be sure to bring a tasty dish. Possible Secret Santa or gift exchange, so contact Necropsy if you are thinking about some gifting folly
- December 16th and 30th: Redlands Furmeet (San Bernardino County)
The regular Redlands Furmeet is getting a bit of holiday spirit. Our casual meets for December are about gathering for some holiday joy.
- December 23rd: OC Fur Meet “Seasons Greetings” (Orange County)
There may not be snow on the ground, but there is plenty of holiday cheer. This monthly meet will be breaking out for the holidays with food and activities at the park. Gift exchange so please bring something to get in on the fun.
- January 19th through 21st: Big Bear Ski Weekend (San Bernardino County)
For all of you snowbirds (whether you have a bird fursona or just like the snow), get in on this. They will be staying at one the resorts (to be announced), so get in touch with the organizer to book your lodgings close-by.
- October 14th: Pumpkin Patch Fursuit Photoshoot (Santa Barbara County)
More than a couple suiters showed up for last weekend’s event and Blue Hasia is ready to do it all over again. Brush up your suit, pack the car and get ready to frolic in the corn maze!
- October 28th: OC Fur Meet (Orange County)
The monthly meet for Orange County encourages a Halloween spirit. Come frolic with the OC Furs and make costumed mischief in the park!
- October 28th: Riverside Ghost Walk (Riverside County)
Follow the bouncy tail of a lion, and he will lead you on a night of frolicing in Downtown Riverside. People come to the nearby Mission Inn for the ghost tour and there will be nightlife to terrorize with cute fluffiness.
- October 31st: Halloween Spooktacular Festival Fur Walk (Los Angeles County)
Family friendly trick or treating event in the Montrose Shopping Park. Fursuits are encouraged (but please keep props and costumes to PG13 rating) to come out trick-or-treating. Free to attend (but you will get hungry). Make sure to bring water for braving the crowds.
BTW, We miss you Coony!
We Thank You All (Important Notes Below)
- 2017 brought some extra uninvited guests — bees, yellow jackets and wasps. We are certain that a hive was nearby, finding one possible source from the ground Sadly, the person that usually brings a recycle bin with a lid didn’t show up so the sticky tops of soda bottles were hard for them to resist. There were enough of our flying friends that the simple act of having an open soda can could attract them.
People attending definitely noticed the amount of them. Atop that, we did find one contributing factor — “bee bombs” . A napkin was placed upon a paper plate with sweet tasting food on it. Then soda was poured on it, the napkin soaking it up. We would like to think this was someone’s ill placed intention to attract the bees/yellow jackets away from the site, but the placement of these was far too close to areas where lots of people are. One was even found just next to the changing tent. Kat and the help of a “bee whispering” friend allowed us to delicately take care of the soaked plates, but it definitely was an unhappy experience. We hope this does not become a thing and now our staff has one extra thing we have to look out for during next year. If you know anything about this behavior, please reach out to us.
There are some awesome photographers at our event, so if you want more furry photos, check out:
- Chatah Spots’ Gallery
- LostWolf321’s FurBQ Gallery
- Ashland Puppy’s FurBQ 2017 Album
- Seppo Kun’s FurBQ Gallery
- SouthKitsune’s Gallery
- Kureno’s Gallery