Hello everyone, this is the first official furmeet for the Smiler’s Furmeets group . We decided that our first meetup should be large, free, memorable, and have an easy location to find.
The Abbot Kinney festival is an annual festival held in Venice beach. The whole street is blocked off for the day as food truck and vendors as well as many tourists swarm in to see the culture, live music, and people like us! Admission is completely free but any items you happen to fancy or games you’d want to play will likely cost you a pretty penny.
We will be meeting at the picnic area near the Westminister stage. I’ll be wearing a red T-shirt with “The Big Apple Coaster & Arcade” written on it and will be with Smiler (if he gets here in time.)
- This is a festival, however we respectfully request that all alcohol be used in the designated areas (beer gardens and such.) Vaping and smoking a bit away from the general meetup is completely fine.
- Please wear appropriate clothing. This is a SFW meetup for all ages, meaning children may be around. To put it frankly, we do not want to see your butt or crotch.
- Mild cursing is acceptable here, but please make an attempt for censorship around younger children.
All of my basic meetup rules and information can be found at the following link: https://goo.gl/4c1WT5
- This event is indeed fursuit friendly.
- I will be bringing a large piece of paper for anyone to draw on, a frisbee, two small brushes (for fursuits) and a catch game. Anyone is welcome to bring something to do during the event.
- Please note that while the Westminster stage picnic area is our primary location, around 11:00 we (the admins and I) will walk around the area. We will head back to greet others and eat food at certain times however.
- If you need to get ahold of me while at the meetup or have any questions, please send me a text or an email. I also use Telegram and Instagram, my username on both sites is @jakeisaliveofficial.
I look forward to seeing you all there!