The 42nd Occasional Pasadena Doo Dah Parade will be taking place on Sunday the 24th of November (later than usual for November due to Thanksgiving being later in the month this year). The Parade route is still between 2500 to 2700 East Colorado Boulevard in East Pasadena at the usual step-off time of 11:00 AM and you’re ALL invited to participate in fursuit with the rest of us crazies or help by escorting/handling. So, here’s your chance for some local fursuiting fun that began way back in 1990 with Thaddeus Fox of California and the late Rapid T. Rabbit of New York who walked under the banner “Coast-to-Coast Furries” (now “Coast-to-Coast Critters”).
Here’s how to join in on the fun:
- Simply message me telling me you’ll be attending. I will reply with a confirmation giving you more details.
- Check out the Parade’s official web site at for further information, maps, news, history, highlights, and pictures from previous year’s parades.
- Join the “Coast-to-Coast Critters” Telegram Chat Group for event coordination and information and to ask any questions you might have. You can also view our group’s photos from previous year’s Doo Dah Parade.
- Then on Sunday the 24th of November: meet all of us furry participants no later than 10:00 AM on shady Nina Street between North Altadena Drive and North Vinedo Street (which is just north of East Colorado Boulevard) in beautiful Pasadena California.
- Pay your $10.00 per person entry fee to me who will then turn over the total collected loot to the parade organizers (The Light Bringer Project – a nonprofit arts organization based in Pasadena – http://www.lightbringerproject.com).
- Wait around a little, jump into suit, then join the parade around 11:00 AM and have tons of fun being crazy, out of control, silly, wacky, and zany to thousands of crazy, out of control, silly, wacky and zany spectators lining both sides of East Colorado Boulevard.
But wait there’s more! After the parade everyfur usually regroups for a chow-down at a popular Pasadena hunting/grazing/watering hole.
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me or contact us in the Telegram Group. Hope to see you there!